Monday, October 24, 2011

inspiration monday: evil navigator

a few weeks ago, we went on a scamp vacation to northern minnesota and wisconsin. it's about a three-hour drive from our house and we didn't get out the door until about 6:00 pm. of course, we needed to stop for gas and food, so we didn't get to our destination until about 10:00. being that our camp site was in the middle of a state park, it was pitch dark with barely a single street light on. this is perfect when you're camping, but not when you are driving to your site. so chris was forced to use his phone's navigation system. the polite female phone voice kept telling us when we needed to take a left or a right, and we were scooting along our merry way. however, when she finally said, "take a right and you are at your destination", we were a little wary. luckily chris was being more vigilant than i because when we took that final right, immediately in front of us was a deep (deep, deep, deep) rock quarry - no fence, no sign, no nothing. chris slammed on the brakes and we looked at each other, as the kids slept in the back seat, and quietly whispered thank you that chris was driving very cautiously. evil, evil navigation system. i expected that polite female voice to belt out a "mwa-ha-ha-ha!"

the inspiration for this week is sarah jessica parker. i don't believe we have used her before, which is a little surprising to me. not only does she always look flawless on screen, she also rocks it in real life!

i have been craving oversized sweaters and was secretly hoping this one wouldn't sell at our sale this weekend, because i wanted it and i knew it would be perfect for today's inspiration!

megan bird





jeans ~ old...from macy's back when it used to be dayton's
sweater ~ vintage, two birds
booties ~ vintage, thrifted
earrings ~ F21

nora bird




sweater ~ Mossimo, thrifted
shirt ~ Old Navy
jeans ~ Citizens of Humanity, thrifted
shoes ~ F21
necklace ~ i like you

happy monday, all! please make sure to click here for a chance to enter our $40 vintage giveaway! it's a really great one!!
xoxo,
two birds




26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cardis, so simply chic as usual. I'm kinda stumped at this one cuz I don't have this kind of long wrap cardis. Ha..I did my thrifty way. Thanks for hosting!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love that thrifted Mossimo sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretations, ladies! You both look great as always:)
    cate@wildruffle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys look great! I have the same vest in brown, and I was so happy to rediscover it when I switched over my closet. xoShelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I wish I can wear sweaters like those... it's still in the 80's in Austin!! And that is a great Mossimo sweater! The cute little girl is sporting a cute outfit too! :)

    Come visit my blog for a giveaway (photography related)... :)

    http://soberfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe no one bought the sweater - it's so cute and looks really warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, how scary! i would have freaked out! have you seen that episode of "the office" where dwight & michael are driving to see a client and the navigation takes them into a lake?

    i love both of those sweaters. huge comfy sweaters really are one of life's greatest pleasures.

    -suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. both ladies, i'm loving your cozy sweaters and booties!!! such a cute look. i love the fair isle, Nora, and Megan, i love the oversized look!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both of your chunky cozy sweaters. I discovered I have no chunky sweaters while trying to dress for this inspiration photo...if only I wasn't on a shopping ban :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first look! The oversized sweater with the rolled up jeans and booties. So adorable!
    -Julia


    www.leSaltLake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys both look great and Nora, your daughter's outfit is too cute!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was one of my favorite Inspiration Monday pictures, because the look is so perfect for a day spent running around with the kid. Which is exactly what I did in my inspired outfit :)

    LOVE those sweaters, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! I followed your inspiration today it seems, I am wearing my new to me big, red sweater!
    Your little girl looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both, even more than SJP's! And I love little Mimi Bird's outfit the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was nice seeing both of you this weekend. My boss has a talking Garmin, and sometimes I joke about it being out to get us when we are driving places for work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is one very frightening story! please tell us that the rest of your camping adventure was fun, maybe? great takes on the sjp look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have done the same thing--I trust the GPS's sense of direction much more than my own, and sometimes that's scary! I love both of your cozy looks--I need more sweaters like these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving that Mossimo sweater so much! You both look fabulously casual chic in your sweaters. Looks like I'm going to miss another one this week:-( It was pretty warm here again today and it was one of those days when I just wasn't inspired by my own clothes enough to photograph them. Here's to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. PS-how absolutely terrifying that must have been!! Very, very evil navigator indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodness, those navigators really are dangerous!! Glad you're okay :) You've both styled this Sarah Jessica-inspired look beautifully. It may be casual, but it's still absolutely chic!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boo this is my first time in 10 wks not participating- I just couldn't figure out how to mix leopard print with SJP's look! I love the oversized sweater trend- very comfy chic! Your party looked amazing- a line out the door- such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love this week's outfit and both your versions, it's such a comfy rainy day or fat day outfit... everyone has their perfectly styled version

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore that thrifted Mossimo sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is terrifying! Thank goodness it turned out okay and you were all safe.

    Love both of these looks.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete