Tuesday, October 4, 2011

i'll take quotable thrifts for $200, alex

i was wandering through our house the other day and realized that i was singing songs (in my head of course) as i passed some of the many thrifted items around me. so i decided to do a thrifty quotes post...enjoy!

 __________________________________________________


___________________________________________________




sorry, i had to


really, you are!






do you have any favorite thrifts that remind you of songs, quotes or jokes? please share!

and pssst, don't forget to enter our giveaway! seriously, it's good stuff and time is running out! just leave a comment on this post!

xoxo,
megan bird



13 comments:

  1. So many of these things remind me of my grandma's house. Trust me, this is a compliment. She passed away 25 years ago, but I can remember her things so clearly. She, too, had a giant fork and spoon on her wall, and that...decorative gold tree thingy? Also at her house, as was a picture very similar to the 'February' plaque.

    While thrifting, if you ever see a tiny ceramic rendering of a toilet seat that says, "If You Sprinkle When You Tinkle, Be a Sweetie and Wipe the Seatie", grab it! I will totally buy it from you. She had something like that in her bathroom, and my 5 to 8-year-old self thought it was knee-slappingly clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! You are so clever:) I find it hysterical that so many of the items that I didn't like as a child are now things that I would love to find and hang in my house.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness! i recently bought a teapot like that at a yard sale- just this past weekend! it is so so charming, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha this made me giggle out loud! those tea and sugar containers are cute! fun blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the teapot. you know I will be looking for one now. I just stepped into my dream 70's home...great post. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, this is such a cute post! i love how you've used your decor to make these lovely pics!!!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've thrifted some awesome stuff. I try not to wander into the non-clothes section at thrift stores, otherwise I keep wanting to take everything home hah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee he! I have the plates & bowls that match that teapot in my garage sale box!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I definitely just giggled my way through that...you are too funny. And also? You are ridiculously good at the thrifting. I love seeing all of your finds like that!

    ReplyDelete