Thursday, October 6, 2011

frugal feathers: mom outfit

i wore this outfit yesterday and for some reason it felt very mom-ish to me. not in the horrible mom-jeans type of way. just in an i'm super comfy and i can chase after you and come here and let me wipe your nose with this kleenex i keep in my pocket type of way. which is basically what yesterday consisted of. my life is so glamorous, i know! i also wore it later that afternoon to my wonderful friend, tracy's, house where she fed mimi and i a delicious, homemade vegan meal. yum! nothing like a home cooked meal (that i didn't have to make!), a glass of wine (i am beginning to sound like a wine-o), and some good old fashioned conversation with a dear friend. love. anyway, here is the outfit. i am not completely sold on this one. what do you think?



i love how she's looking at me here. like, "what the heck is mom doing? does she have a headache? why is there a camera? why am i playing with a hose? what's happening here"?


top- swap, free
jeans- Charlotte Russe, thrifted (ARC), $5.99
shoes- thrifted (Savers), $3.99
bracelet- gift from bestie sally


i hope your day is full of big wet kisses from tiny little people (which, if you don't have small children, may be a bit strange).

xoxo, nora bird






14 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that. "Big wet kisses from tiny little people." lol

    I think it's really cute! It looks comfortable, but still cute. I say it's a winner! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! I wish I looked this cute - most of the time my comfy outfits consists of a hoodie and work out shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee, she's so cute, love that expression. I don't have kids, but my cat's kisses count, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably wouldn't like this top on anyone else or styled any other way. With your hair, those jeans/shoes, you pull it off so well and I really like it.

    Hahaha, I love the commentary coming from your daughter. That's awesome. I almost spit out my iced tea when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's the old school apron vibe of the top that's making you feel the mom vibe - but it's definitely really cute! And the playing with the hose pic totally cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wet kisses are the BEST!!! It's always nice when you have a tissue handy...I have wiped snot on my jeans more than once, I hate to admit.
    I wasn't sold on the top when I saw it alone, but with those fab skinnies and the flats, it really works well.
    Love the pic with your daughter and the hose...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I think you look very cute. I wish all my comfy outfits looked that cute....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the outfit is really cute. It does have a mom vibe, but in a stylish way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit, and that last picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last line had me laughing out loud at work. Which yes means I am spending work hours reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're the hippest mom around. Also, I love your description of your daughter's expression. Karen Walker is narrating your daughter's thoughts, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nora I think that this outfit is sweet and not mommyish at all. I love the bow detail on your shoes and the cute pockets on your top. The photo of you and mimi together is beautiful...your outfits compliment each other...precious. Dawn xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I am so glad someone grabbed that, I totally forgot about it (it used to be mine)! I just never knew how to style it, but you are totally nailing it here.

    ReplyDelete