Tuesday, September 13, 2011

two birds: sister style

well, i survived my first weekend away from amelia. i missed her a ton, but i really had so much fun in new york! i will soon, hopefully, be able to post some photos of the trip. i didn't actually bring my own camera (gasp!) because it is so huge, so i am relying on my bestie, kate, to hook me up with photos of the trip. i really need to invest in a nice, pocket sized camera for such occasions! any suggestions???

for this week's remix, i chose a bright, colorful Lux top that i have had forever. i bought it years ago at Urban Outfitters and i really love it. it is such fun to wear, however, i have only worn it a handful of times. and as i have mentioned, i am planning on cleaning out the old closet. making some room. simplifying my wardrobe a bit. so i thought i would throw this old top into the remix and see if it should make the cut! let me know what you think. should it stay or should it go? (if it goes there will be trouble. but if it stays it will be double). sorry. i can never resist (sort of) quoting The Clash...i'm just so punk rock. ha.

outfit one: sunny shirts and fall layers





jacket- Banana Republic, thrifted
jeans- Gap
wedge booties- F21
bangles- thrifted

outfit two: short skirts and sky high heels




skirt- Old Navy, thrifted
shoes- Charlotte Russe, thrifted
bracelets- Dots
earrings- Heartbreaker

we hope you are having a fabulous tuesday!!!

xoxo, two birds







10 comments:

  1. Okay, you have to keep the top. The print is amazing, and it's so pretty! I really love it styled loose and flowy but it's super cute tucked in too. I'm just a sucker for anything that swishes and flows though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the versatility of the top. It is so cute. I agree that it is hard to be away from little one's but than I come home and appreciate them even more:)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, hello, gorgeous fall layers, those jeans are seriously awesome. And love the adorable skirt too. Have a lovely week, gorgeous gals! xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have that shirt, and I barely wear it, but I CANNOT come around to getting rid of it. Every time I wear it, I get so many compliments. Keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nora, I'm glad that your trip went well. That colorful print is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the shirt is a keeper! I love how you styled it up for fall with some 70s flair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's got legs and she knows how to use them....is going thru my head right now. The 2 of you have crazy good legs. I am back...need to post something tomorrow. My doggie is home. She has a leg injury and cuts, scrapes, roadburn. She is on pain meds. I postponed my (.)(.) procedure just so you know. I am scheduled for march. The dog cost some big money so I will wait until then. Thank you for your kind words and comments. You both styled this top perfectly. Megan your makeup looks extra awesome and Nora your legs look extra long. Dawnxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ladies have the most fabulous shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both this looks...it's great to see that top worn tucked and untucked because it looks so different each way.

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy man, you two are so cute! I"m always so excited to read what you have written!! I love your nail polish, btw, nora bird....

    ReplyDelete