Tuesday, September 27, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

my husband and i do not have cable tv, nor do we have tivo or a dvr. we really do enjoy most of the same tv shows, so normally this is not a problem. but last night we had a battle of the remote. he wanted to watch the series premier of Terra Nova and i wanted to watch the premier of the second season of The Sing Off. don't judge me. i flippin' love singing competition shows! plus, i watched it last season and it was good! even host, nick lachey, comes off as sort of charming and endearing. okay, you can judge me for that. it's okay. anyway, jim won, of course. he always wins. i think it is his cute poppy dog eyes. i can't resist them. i didn't pay much attention to Terra Nova, but jim said it was pretty good. we tried to watch The Sing Off during the commercials, but the breaks were always at the same time. they must do that on purpose. and it's just so mean. did anyone anyone get a chance to watch it? was it any good? i think i will have to download it and watch it sometime when jim isn't home!

okay, on to the remix. this week's item is an old H&M dress that i bought when i was pregnant with mimi. i figured the shape would allow me to wear it throughout the whole pregnancy, which i did. the only problem was that it just kept getting shorter and shorter as my belly got bigger and bigger. soon, the dress became a shirt! but now it fits me as a dress once again. yay! anyway, i thought it would be a fun one to remix, and i hope you think so, too!

outfit one: turquoise





outfit two: hot pink





we hope you are having an awesome tuesday!!!

xoxo, two birds




14 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love how both of you styled this dress. The little flower socks and mary janes are adorable. And I really like the pink tights. You ladies both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this dress and am pulling it out as I have to travel this week and it is so comfy. It is really easy to layer for cold and use for hot weather. Really like the versatility and you both make it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nora, that cardigan looks really familiar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, super super cute!! I love those adorable socks AND the bright pink tights! Really, it's always impossible to pick a favorite with you two! =)

    We don't have cable either. And the Hubs always wins with us too. But anything we don't get to catch on tv, we just watch later on the laptop. You've got to love technology. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to watch it too, nora, but we had that same problem... and we actually have DVR :( maybe next week. I really LOVE your socks, and megan I love your pink tights! I wish i was as fashionable as you girlies are!! I love your blog btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute dress! Thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog.

    http://maggieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress so, so, so much. It's cute! Your remixes are pretty grand, as well.

    Mr. A and I always fight over the remote. It's sad, but most of our arguments begin over the television.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like my shoes back please! Love both outfits. I'm a big fan of knee high socks with skirts and dresses, and the hot pink tights are a-dorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors of that dress! I love how it totally transforms depending on what colors you pair it with--it looks equally lovely with aqua blue as with hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those adorable socks and the hot pink tights! Love both the outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. super fun post! i am new to your blog and loving every word of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both outfits, but the robin's egg blue makes my heart jump rope! LOVE your blog -- what a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete