Monday, September 26, 2011

inspiration monday: i'm not looking at you

i went to yet another church festival this weekend. chris took the kids on saturday while nora and i worked on some two birds stuff. they had a blast...eva even won $25 at bingo! i guess she screamed "bingo!" as loudly as she could, she was so excited. saturday night, a friend of ours came over and she, chris and i went back to the festival as an old band that we used to listen to back in college was performing. we had a ton of fun, lots of beers and acted like we were in college again.

while we were at the concert, there was a man who kept looking at us. he was with a woman, and we were all guessing whether they were on a first date or married. theresa thought he looked familiar, and we all thought it was odd that he kept looking at us. we finally deduced that he was interested in theresa ~ forget the woman he was with. the band took a break and the man came over to talk to us. he and theresa both said they each looked familiar, and we continued assuming he was interested in her. well, as the conversation ensued, he began more and more to talk to chris. we all talked for about 10 minutes, and by about minute seven, i realized that it wasn't theresa he was interested in, it was chris. as we all continued to talk, it came up in conversation that chris and i were together. the man immediately looked at me and said, "he's your boyfriend?" yes. "wait, your boyfriend?" yes. "oh. huh. oh. well, i'm going to go get another beer, i'll be right back." he never came back.

today's inspiration is the beautiful ali larter. she workin' the 70s vibe with her cute jeans and sequined top.


and here are our takes.

megan bird





sweater ~ Target thrifted
jeans ~ vintage calvin klein, thrifted
tank & earrings ~ F21
shoes ~ Marshalls
necklace ~ thrifted

nora bird





shall/cardigan thingy ~ Shiba, thrifted
shirt ~ Old Navy
jeans ~ William Rast, thrifted
shoes ~ Target
ring ~ gift from jim

happy monday! did anyone hit on your husband this weekend?
xoxo,
megan bird





24 comments:

  1. love both of your cute jackets! If anyone hit on my husband I'd leave him to get out of that hole himself, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am IN LOVE with that purple sweater! and the second look is perfectly vintage!!! love both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the jackets. The color and the sparkly detail on Megan's and the floaty shape and design on Nora's. I love hearing details of your weekends! The strangest thing that happened to me was two stray cats kept wandering in an open door and disturbing Sunday School while we were unloading food for our kids program. (Okay...you're story is better! Ha Ha)! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh, BOTH jackets are amazing ... but I'm really drooling over Nora's. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you ladies and your sparkle! i love it! both of those jackets are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic jackets! Love all the sparkle.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, these are lovely cardigan/shawls you ladies are wearing. This was a fun way to dress up jeans and t-shirts!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan's Jacket + Nora's Jeans=Outfit I wish I had worn for Inspiration Monday. Love them both!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shawl Nora is wearing! Such awesome details. My boyfriend is what a lot of people would call a "pretty boy" and the lad gets hit on more often by men than he's comfortable with hah. I just find it funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! That story completely cracked me up...oh, the disappointment :)

    Megan, that jacket, and the gorgeous color, is amazing!

    Nora, the detailing on that shawl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your blog is really interesting!! Fallow?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a funny/crazy weekend story! Beautiful looks on both of you, I love Megan's bright purple color and cute pumps, and Nora's floral details are phenomenal. I am going to try and cobble a look together for tomorrow and get linked up here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like another lovely weekend, hehe.

    I love the idea of this Monday thing. I'm going to have to do it someday. I'm loving looking through everyone's looks! Including yours, of course, which are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. funny story. Your weekend is always fun. I like your interpretations. What lovely jackets you have. Nora's is so pretty with the florals and sequins. Megan's purple jacket is so pretty too, love the color. HA..I missed this week's inspiration, but it's great to watch others do it. HAve a great week!

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi lovely birds, sorry about yesterday, I viewed your gorgeous outfits but I am just now getting to my critique(like I am Tim Gunn or something). Anyway, Megan you are looking extra hot in this color and your face with your hair up and smokey make-up is simply beautiful. Nora, you look extra adorable with your cute poses, amazing jacket and jeans that show off your lean mean body. Hope you have a great day and thank you for hosting IM. Dawn suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yeah, Megan I hope you took the failed pick up as a compliment to you and your great taste. Dawn xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE what each of you did with this inspiration but especially love Nora's shawl - to die for, seriously!!!
    Can't wait to show you guys what I have...once it stops raining here and I can take a pic I'll be linking up :)

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Norabird can I please have that jacket when you are done?!

    Nicely styled ladies! :)

    xoxo,
    Poca
    www.stylespotrun.com
    Thrifting Runway/Thrifting Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh boy- now that's an awkward moment! Men have hit on my boyfriend in the past and I find it quite amusing! Beautiful sequined cardigans- to die for actually!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had so much fun doing this Inspiration Monday--I love Ali Larter's look! You gals look fantastic too, and I want both of those jackets! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both version, especially the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. dearest megan,
    Those earrings and wedges are pretty sick.

    nora my friend,
    I need that shawl immediately.

    love
    fashionbater

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry to be like a week late but I just linked my rendition - hope you enjoy the story behind my sequined cardigan!

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete