Tuesday, August 16, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

hello, everyone! i almost forgot it was tuesday! we have been visiting jim's parents and whenever we are here we all feel very relaxed. their home has a very calming effect on us. i think it is partly being away from the responsibilities of home, but there is something else, too. i am not sure what it is. there has been more than one occasion when i have laid down in the middle of their living room, while everyone was sitting around and visiting, and fallen fast asleep. weird, i know. needless to say, i forgot what day it was. luckily i remembered so i could bring you the remix! it is a fun one today! i almost forgot i had this dress. megan and i were out thrifting together one day when she came across this cute little number, originally from topshop. we both tried it on and i ended up being the lucky winner that got to take it home. this was at the beginning of the summer and i have yet to wear the dress. like i said, it is super cute, but i wasn't quite sure how or where i would wear it. so, i threw it into the remix to get some inspiration. megan and i came up with two very different outfits for two very different occasions. this is why i love the remix! i get so many great styling ideas and i find things in my closet that i forgot were there. okay, maybe that also means it is time to clean out my closet. i have to make room for some new fall pieces anyway, right? right? but enough talk. let's take a look at the outfits. let us know what you think!

outfit one: buttoned up





shirt- Banana Republic, thrifted
booties- F21
necklace- vintage, thrifted
ring- gift from mom

outfit two: knee high





shoes- Dots
socks- Target
bracelets- F21
earrings- Heartbreaker
belt- Dots

p.s. our little sister is in town for the week and i am so excited to see her!!! i am sure we will have lots of fun stories and photos to share from her visit this week! yay!!!

also, just a few more days left on our giveaway!!!

xoxo, two birds









16 comments:

  1. This dress looks great on you both. I love it with the pearls, but it looks great with the belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look with the knee high socks. And I really need to try knotting my button-down shirts and seeing if I can't make 'em more awesome like you can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How freakin cute on both of you. What a find!! Love the socks and heels with this Megan and Nora I love how you embellished with all of the jewelry...awesome look lovely birds. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so cute! Both looks are so great :)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! You both look like your legs are miles long! I can't tell if it's the dress, the shoes or that your legs really are miles long?! I think I need to clean my closet/tub too, it's getting pretty tight in there. Next year I want to tag along on your trip...I could use a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you EVER feel the need to part with this dress, PLEASE send it to me. i love it so much! and your remixes are great! each one is so unique.

    -suzanne
    awkwardly chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cool to put two very different spins on one gorgeous dress! the colors, puffy skirt... it's so pretty!! <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous dress!!! I love the first outfit! Very sweet:)

    http://kariyah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an adorable dress. I like it with the knee socks and with the button up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are both so adorable in this dress - legs a mile long! That's a super-cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a cute dress! Why don't I ever find anything Topshop while thrifting??

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe I'm a bit crazy but I totally love this with the knee highs - it's just so fun!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a bit of a shirt-knotting obsession, so I love the button-up layered over the dress and tied! But those socks add so much fun to the dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv the remix-- I agree the looks are both fun!! I think I have those socks!

    -Lea

    ReplyDelete