Tuesday, August 30, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

i caught the redecorating bug yesterday. while at the gym, pluggin' away on the treadmill, my mind began to wander and i began to redecorate my house in my mind. and once i got to thinking and imaginary moving around furniture, putting down new rugs and hanging new art and framed photos, it had to be done in real life. you know that feeling? once you get an idea in your head, it must happen and it must happen now! so mimi and i ran straight to the craft store after the gym and got some fun stuff for some DIY ideas i have. then, when jim got home, we made our way to Ikea and found an awesome new rug (that we didn't buy yet because jim says we need to measure! sheesh! doesn't he see the urgency of this situation???), some new throw pillows, frames for a wall collage idea and a few other odds and ends. let the redecorating and DIY-ing begin! i hope i can cure that bug...

we're mixing up the remix today! it's like a remixed remix. try and wrap your head around that! crazy, right? okay, maybe not that crazy. but for real, we are trying something different. with fall right around the corner, we thought it would be fun to take two of our favorite summer dresses (or in megan's case, the most adorable romper) and show you how we are wearing it now and how we will remix it when the chillier weather hits. it's transition to fall remix time! get ready...get set...here we go!

outfit one: it's not easy being green
(summer)



(fall)



dress- One Step Up, T.J. Maxx
belt- thrifted
summer shoes- Charles Albert, Delia's
summer bracelets- thrifted
sweater- Lux, thrifted
tights- Xhilaration, Target
boots- vintage, Up Six
earrings- UO
winter bracelets- H&M, thrifted

outfit two: romper room
(summer)



(fall)



beaded necklace- vintage, thrifted
gold necklace- F21
tights- Target
black shoes- Urban Original
sandals- Target
blazer- Target
summer earrings- F21
fall earrings- Heartbreaker
bracelets- F21
gold belt- thrifted

we hope you are having a fantastic tuesday!!!

xoxo, two birds












12 comments:

  1. Adorable outfits! I am so ready for fall to get here, I miss layering! The fall versions of these make me feel all warm and fuzzy! (disclaimer: Not looking forward to winter at alllllll!) Side note, I love blazers with rompers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love the styling of summer-into-fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love seeing this seasonal remix, a lot of my wardrobe does full year rounds because I just can't afford (or fit) a huge amount in terms of seasonal wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all, but those boots (I'm a sucker for cowboy boots!!) and the tights!! love!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I'm not looking forward to another rainier-than-usual winter - I do love fall fashion! You guys look great.

    Jenn
    Secondhand Stylist Thrifted - Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your outfits :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok love....you two are the best remixer ever and right on trend...awesome and I love this new feature. Inspired! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ladies are making me wish it was actually fall. I want to start wearing my tights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute outfits!!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, tight loveliness. Too hot here. So jealous.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this summer to fall remix! I'm already starting to think about how to turn my favorite summer items into fall-ready looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I so love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are inspiring me :)
    xXx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete