Thursday, August 4, 2011

style me

i haven't done a "style me" post in a long while, so i thought i would attempt one today. if you don't know what a "style me" post is, it is where megan and i take a ugly item of clothing and try to style an outfit around it to make it cute. here is a recent one that megan did. cute, right? i will admit, the item i chose for today used to be a lot uglier (if you can even imagine it). it was once a full blown, long sleeved blazer. but i cut the sleeves off in an attempt to make it more wearable (apparently we do that a lot around here). not sure if i succeeded in that since this is the first time i am wearing it. it is just really pretty ugly. here, have a look for yourself...


please note the unappealing, boxy shape, the gold and black braided trim, and, of course, the shininess. so shiny! and, as you see, it is made from the fur of the extremely rare, hot pink zebra*. okay, let's see how i did. let me know what you think!



(wow. i am really glaring at something over there. so mean.)



vest (originally a blazer)- vintage, thrifted
shirt- Old Navy, thrifted
shoes- Nine West, thrifted
belt- H&M
necklace- gift
hair bow- UO
bracelets- thrifted and H&M

xoxo, nora bird

*no extremely rare, hot pink zebras were actually harmed in the making of this blazer.






17 comments:

  1. That is fantastic!! I scrolled down to see where you got it from before reading the post I liked it so much. I have a rather ugly jacket that I have been hanging onto because there was just something about it...now I think I need to just cut the arms off of it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A job well done here! Yes, that pink vest is definitely an... interesting piece. I think pairing it with a neutral bottom and minimal jewelry was a great approach, since it is definitely loud enough on it's own. Regardless, I love the idea of taking an unwearable item and working it into something better. I might have to give it a creative shot sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Darling outfit :)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You really did turn it into a very cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all kinds of impressed! Somehow you made this crazy pink zebra vest look totally chic, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look is adorable! I can't believe it was originally a blazer. The boxy cut looks really cute on you. The way you styled your hair looks great as well, love the little bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing. I truly thought you were a lot younger than 37. I think this little top rocks.
    Screams date night to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously, i am amazed that you made that vest look good! at first glance i was slightly cringing. the color is great but the rest of it . . . i don't know . . . but then you turned around and made it fabulous! it looks great on you and super cute! so impressed!

    -suzanne
    awkwardly chic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I am amazed, when it was just hanging there on its lonesome it kinda looked sad, but the way you put it with the skirt and styled it up ....wow!! i wouldn't have known it was the same vest on the hanger if you hadn't have told me, great job!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out to be really cute! I usually like to drastically alter pieces that I see some kind of potential in. Like maybe taking it in at the waist a bit...
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you look great, and I'm amazed that you are able to look cute in bright pink. Not many people can wear bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pulled it off, brava to you! I have to admit, when I saw it on the hanger, I had doubts. But you look so stylish and funky, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'll admit, when i first looked at that vest i was pretty afraid, but it looks SO completely different after you styled it, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rare and spectacular pink zebra! ha! Um, I don't know how the heck you made this look cute, but ya did. And the third picture is maybe my favorite photo (ever) of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i was thinking a black mini :) i think the nude shoes should be changed

    ReplyDelete
  16. You totally pulled this off! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit! Nice find on the hot pink zebra vest!

    ReplyDelete