Monday, August 29, 2011

inspiration monday: school's in

my son starts school again today. he's a big time first grader now. it's so crazy how time flies. i took friday off to spend some time with the kids and to set the sale up. we ended up going to this amazing place called skyzone. it's a huge warehouse filled with trampolines. and it's a-mazing. we jumped for 2 1/2 hours and it was so fun (and a great workout to boot). however, i realized that women who have had kids are not meant to jump on trampolines for 2 1/2 hours. it was so fun, i peed my pants (for real).

on the way home, my son turned to me and said, "mama, i think i figured it out. you can take all of your days off. and me, i can do this thing i heard about on the radio. you can take all your days off and i can go to online school. then we can spend as much time together as we want." cue my heart melting.

on to the inspiration. a fan favorite (or maybe just a bird favorite), olivia wilde. i just love her edgy feminine look.


megan bird




i love this dress for it's fluttery sleeves.

dress ~ two birds (yep, we shopped our own store this weekend!)
shoes, jacket ~ Target
earrings ~ F21
ring ~ Heartbreaker (another sister ring)

nora bird






jacket- Xhilaration, Salvation Army
shirt- Julie's Closet, hand-me-down
skirt- F21
booties- vintage, thrifted
necklace- Marc by Marc Jacobs, gift
rings- grandma's, H&M







happy monday, all!
xoxo,
two birds



17 comments:

  1. Great Inspiration Monday, I love Olivia Wilde she's absolutely stunning!

    Cant't participate this week :( I will def. participate next week!

    ♥Priiincesss
    http://www.ltf.styleofalifetime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this week's inspiration! I love both of your jackets. I tried boots with a dress for the first time, I like it, so I'll try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Birds, after an earthquake, hurricane, not electricity until this morning and a weekend of working with seniors who were relocated to our facility from the coastal area (50) of them, I could not wait to jump on my computer and see who today's inpiration was. Awesome choice. You both look amazing. Megan, what a great diversion with your vintage dress, I would have definitely bought that dress had I seen it 1st. Nora the mix of 2 diff. stripes works beautifully. Love the vintage boots. Megan I hope you got your child off to school in your totally hip outfit. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisters, I love those jackets. I've learned a lot from watching the birds' chic style! And I love the son story...that was SO sweet! I love the things kids say. And it does go fast...too fast! My oldest is in college, my middle just started and my youngest is a junior in high school and only yesterday they were making hideouts in the living room with bedspreads, you know what I mean? Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. M, so glad you decided to keep that dress! It was meant for you! I love it and it looks amazing on you! N, love those shoes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boy is so sweet, he melted my heart with his innocent words. Two different interpretation, but equally chic looks. Nora kept the biker chic look, great mix of stripes. Megan did a feminine, yet edgy look, fabulous vintage dress.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of you look fantastic. I love the jackets with the dress/skirt. Kids are just the best! They have such an ability to make it worth getting up in the morning. There is something so amazing about their unconditional love:)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. Both outfits are ADORABLE but I am in LOVE with that maxi! I especially love the hardness of the black leather jacket with such a feminine dress! Awesome post ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, loving that gorgeous maxi dress. Looks perfect with the moto jacket! And Nora, love your stripes on stripes. very fun, especially with those boots!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. megan, your dress is so amazingly grandma-ish! i love it so much i told you out loud, through my computer screen. i love that you paired it with the jacket to give it some edge. and i love the differing stripes, nora! and that jacket is amazing - i need one!

    one of my girlfriends took me to a trampoline place a few years ago for my birthday. it was so much fun! although, we were the only non-parents over 15, so there were definitely awkward moments (cue dirty old men staring). i wish i had a wall-to-wall trampoline room in my house!

    -suzanne
    awkwardly chic

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope first grade is awesome for your son! He sounds like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, that is the sweetest thing I've heard all day!!!

    I'm jealous of your guys leather jackets. I need one!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of your takes--the contrast of the leather and sweet floral dress, and the mix of stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how Megan's is girly and feminine with a touch of punk rock and Nora's is edgy and sassy! Online school- how sweet! I can't believe school has started already- I don't have to go back until Sept 14 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of the outfits with the leather jacket. nice inspiration girls! -xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm still looking for a leather jacket... almost in a panic, i have that feeling i'm THE only person in the world that doesn't own one.. it's what every guy and girl wears in sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sniff. Your son is so sweet. My little man starts first grade on Tuesday and neither of us are ready. Ahhh, growing up is hard.

    ReplyDelete