Wednesday, August 3, 2011

frugal feathers: don't tell mom the babysitter wore pants

hello, friends! is it weird that i totally think of all of you as my friends and i have never met most of you? sorry if it is, but i totally do! anyway, i am watching megan's kids, henry and eva, today. they are seriously the best. everything that comes out of their mouths is funny. and who can complain when their day is full of laughter, right? right. plus, mimi is crazy for them. she seriously says and does everything that they do. it is hilarious for all. another thing about eva...when she is around, mimi and i cannot get away with wearing pants or shorts. a skirt and tank might pass the eva diva test but, most of the time, you need to be wearing a dress. seriously. we went to the gym this morning and i came downstairs in my cropped yoga pants and a tank and eva looks me up and down and says, with all seriousness, "isn't it a bit hot to be wearing pants today"? and i was all, "dude, i am not wearing a dress to the gym". she let me off the hook there, but the rest of the day is all about the dresses. and who am i to say no to wearing a cute dress? plus, she showed up wearing this (pinned to her own dress)...
so, pretty much what she says today, goes.

so? you want to see my dress? i thought so...




dress- Viola, rummage sale, $6.00
shoes- Charlotte Russe brand, Savers, $2.99
necklace- Savers, $1.99

i hope you are all enjoying your day!

xoxo, nora bird




22 comments:

  1. Eva sounds like a pretty strict fashion police woman. You look great! And I LOVE that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about my bloggy friends the same way :) It's not weird! Also, I love that outfit...way to look fabulous for under $15! I'm impressed.

    In response to your comment...I might do a tutorial on making DIY friendship bracelets at home now. Wonder how many other people don't know how to make them? Thanks for the inspiration there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfit dear!

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about my internet friends. I would totes get coffee with my blogger friends if they were in town. (and show them the best thrifts stores in town.)
    Love the dress, also I probably need a close up of those shoes because they look super fabu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog!!! I love your outfit! Never wouldve thought that your whole outfit was put together at such a bargain price. looks soo fun!
    http://www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is soo flipping pretty! Inspiring fashion, sassy ladies and cute lil stories? Ummm, I'm going to have to add you to my everday reading list!

    Ciao!
    Elle
    itsallvabene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great dress, Eva was right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I *love* Viola clothes - you got a great score! And it looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Eva and my Ava would be super divas:) Ava doesn't like it when I don't wear a dress or a skirt or heels or lipstick. I have no idea where she gets that from;)

    I don't think it is weird to think of blogging friends as friends. I do as well.

    Fantastic outfit. Love the necklace!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops! AND the shoes! How could I not mention the shoes?! Fantastic!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for swinging by my blog and for your sweet comment! You got that necklace at Savers? I'm coming to your Savers next time, mine has no such awesomeness. Love those shoes too, they add so much interest to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I can't believe thats all this outfit cost!! Amazing!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your chunky necklace!! :) i have a similar one from Honduras, made out of coconut shells! please check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting an awesome giveaway, a special edition giclee print by the ever inspiring Lark Calderon Gomez! check it out!xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that gorgeous necklace and how fab are those shoes?!!! i need to check out Charlotte Russe ASAP!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eva sounds like the mini fashion police!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this dress and the pink dress in the last post look SO similar to the beach cover up i purchased this past weekend, i'm going to try to wear it with a white tank and leggings as a tunic/dress at some point~~

    love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. adore your shoes. so cute. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my brand new CELEBRITY TREND REPORT and see pics from my latest stroll through Beverly Hills. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

    http://twitter.com/#!/fashboulevard

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too am partial to dresses and skirts. Your niece sounds adorable and I just can't imagine where she gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha I love when kids are all bossy! My Little Guy told me this morning that he didn't like my sweater. I was like, "You're wearing a Cars shirt. You're not allowed to judge me." lol

    I love your whole look today! That dress is adorable and that necklace and shoes are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sheriff Eva on pants patrol! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in love with your shoes. Oh, and I love your writing style--it keeps me laughing!

    ReplyDelete