Saturday, August 20, 2011

frugal feathers: a day in the park

my husband let me sleep in this morning. he got up when mimi woke and left me sleeping soundly in bed. i slept until 8:30am and it was glorious. now, i know a lot of you may be thinking, 8:30am is not sleeping in. then again, i am sure others of you may be a bit jealous that i got to sleep so late! i have always been a morning person, so, even before baby, sleeping until 8:30 was a rare occurrence. but now when i get to it is such a sweet treat! and i woke up to a beautiful day that i just knew we would want to enjoy outdoors. and so we did. we headed to the nearby minnehaha falls park, a gorgeous park smack dab in the middle of minneapolis, but when you are there it feels like you are miles away from the city. we took a nice long walk and mimi got to see the falls for the first time. i am warning you now, this post is a bit picture heavy! i couldn't resist!

my amazing man and baby girl!





i got some super cute ones of us facing the camera, too. unfortunately mimi was pulling down my shirt and revealing way too much of my bra for me to be able to show you those. i wonder why my hubby didn't tell me about that when he was taking the photos??? ha. no i don't.


we heard the drums from afar and had to come watch the dancers for a bit. mimi is obsessed with drums!

oh. and my outfit...i might look a bit awkward in the photos. jim had to tell me to stop looking so nervous. i am not used to taking outfit photos with so many people around!




dress- Marquis, thrifted (ARC), $5.99
shoes- Keds, thrifted (Savers), $2.99
sunglasses- vintage, Rewind Rewind, $10
rings- H&M (price???)

i hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

xoxo, nora bird












6 comments:

  1. How fun! I was in the Minneapolis area last week and we went to Minnehaha Falls too! Gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful family photos! Your baby is so adorable. Your husb. is cute too : >

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress is so cute and I love it with the keds. What a wonderful way to spend a summer day:)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit, especially the colors. You look great Nora and your photos are beautiful....what a nice family outing. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful weekend day! I love Minnehaha Falls. And I'm also loving those adorable shoes you've got on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those kinds of parks, the ones that let you forget where you are. I know the feeling of awkwardness you get when taking outfit photos in public. At least you had a photographer, I'm usually by myself hah.

    ReplyDelete