Wednesday, August 31, 2011

frugal feathers: boring outfits and tap dancing

sometimes i feel like my outfits are too boring to be photographed and blogged about. and then i start to feel bad and think things like, poor outfit. just because you are boring doesn't mean i don't love you. i am wearing you, after all. and then i realize that my outfits are incapable of feelings and i shouldn't really be apologizing to them. and then i photograph and blog about them anyway...because i still feel sort of bad for hurting their feelings. it's like when i was little and i felt the need to snuggle with a different stuffed animal every night so that they all got a chance and no one felt left out. crazy? maybe. true? totally. okay, enough about me and my strange need to save the feelings of inanimate objects from being hurt. check out my boring outfit...




and since i don't want you thinking i am boring (my goal is always to entertain, my friends!), i decided to do a little tap dancing for you. in my alley. that's right. i don't want you thinking i am boring, but apparently i am totally comfortable with looking like a crazy person...



check out those sweet moves. self taught. hard to believe, i know.

shirt- Mossimo, thrifted (ARC), $2.99
jeans- F21
shoes- Marc Fisher, thrifted (ARC), $4.99
necklace- garage sale, $0.25
rings- grandma and H&M

xoxo, nora bird





17 comments:

  1. You're absolutely wrong, this outfit isn't boring at all! It's one of my faves from you! Or maybe I'm just boring but I love it! It's totally wearable for any occasion and I love the bold necklace, the shape of the blouse, the cuffed skinnies and those awesome oxford booties! Oh and did I mention I love the tap moves? I have similar moves...self taught as well. :D

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm I heart you big time! I'll tap dance in your alley with you whenever you want. Also, I totally sympathize. A LOT of my work outfits are boring-I blog about them anyways...gotta show all my different clothes love, even the slightly less exciting ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is boring then I don't want to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shuffle the buffalo move is my favorite...this is a riot. I love tap dancing. Self taught as well. Your outfit is NOT boring I love it. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your blog:D follow each other??:) kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy I love the shoes so much! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what?!?! you are crazy, I am loving this outfit!! however I do know what you are saying about not all outfits being equal ... it can be hard!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look cute, not boring at all. I took a tap in college, so I have a few moves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i actually love love love this outfit! so chic with great lines, you know it'd wear it: skinny jeans and puffy top.. love that necklace!

    yes nobby the unicorn beagle... so my husband came home after working more than 100 hours in a week completely exhausted and starting singing about nobby the unicorn beagle.. i think he was naturally high from exhaustion...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just cannot be boring, it's impossible. Love that necklace and your shoes are yummy.

    -Patti @ NotDeadYet Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tap dancing is on par with mine..and I took lessons. Love the last pictures, totally made me smile! I love your outfit, the shoes and that great necklace are so interesting your outfit couldn't be boring with such cool pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You go tap dancing gal (I used to love tap dancing in my teens!) I think this is a great outfit and like Cara said you jazzed it up with the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha :)

    I take turns snuggling with my wicket and my care bear.

    I like this look a lot. I like simple style & this look showcases your awesome hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meh. Your "boring" outfit is just fine; you even have some bling. Tap dancing makes everything a little more perfect. Now we're going to expect a different dance move in every upcoming post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not boring at all! And i'm impressed by your thrifty-ness!
    I used to do the same thing with my stuffed animals.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boring? I don't think so. More like fantastic and 25 cents for that necklace is beyond fabulous! I want to wear this outfit. Maybe you can be our inspiration picture one week.

    Julie

    P.S. I thought that the Velveteen Rabbit theory would really work so I made sure to hug all of my stuffed animals as much as possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! I just bought a pair of oxford booties myself and I love the idea of pairing them with rolled denim. I'll be bookmarking this post for future inspiration. And I am going to agree with previous commentators, I don't see "boring" about this look! It's simple, chic, and perfect for the summer-to-fall transition. Sometimes you can't beat a simple and put-together look. And those wonderful dance moves really show it off. Thanks for sharing! :)

    --Callie @ unladylikeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete