Friday, July 15, 2011

step one: we can have lots of fun

i am an adult. i've been an adult for a number of years. i have a job, two kids, a kind-of husband, a house. all adult things. but today, i'm a teenager. i woke up giddy because we're going to NKOTBSB* tonight. i have to admit, i was never a huge fan. i was a little bit old for the NKOTB craze, and even older for the BSB craze. but it didn't stop me from crushing on joey mcintyre (i never crushed on any of the backstreet boys...but i did love the song "i want it that way"). so i'm very excited for tonight. and i think about 50% of the excitement is just the going out part. to be able to dress up, get made-up and go out and have a few beers (few?) sounds delightful to me. the fact that i might have to calm my friend jamie down (stop screaming like a little girl, jamie...you're a 40-year old man), or dry nora's eyes when NKOTB come on stage...well, that's just the adult part of me kicking in.
so here's what i'm wearing tonight. unless of course i head over to marshalls during lunch and find something better. we'll see. i wanted to go for a kimmy gibler adult look – loose shirt, skinny jeans, lots of bangles. cause you know, anytime you go to a tiger beat sort of concert, you have to ask yourself, WWKGW**?


and this, of course, will be me tonight
i can pretty much guarantee that at one point in the night i will scream, "i love you joey!!!"

and for a close up of my tackiest ring (but i love it!)
jeans ~ target
tank ~ F21
necklace ~ F21
ring ~ F21
bracelets ~ beaded, Dots; gold, garage sale; wood, gifted from amanda
earrings ~ express
shoes ~ target
attitude ~ 1989

stay tuned for nora bird's outfit.

xoxo,
megan bird

*for the more sane person, NKOTBSB is a very clever mix of new kids on the block and backstreet boys
** this is my very clever acronym for what would kimmy gibbler wear. i'm thinking of making bracelets.

16 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Hope you have a great time! And I remember Kimmy Gibler, lol.

    I get to go out next week, hopefully I can stay up past my bedtime (that's 10:00 pm).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that necklace. Drool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous necklace! <3


    http://starry-eyedkisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A FEW beers? *snort*

    This outfit is SO sophistimicated compared to what I'll be wearing tonight. I fear I will look like an adult toddler in my old NKOTB tee and shorts.

    Please advise; I'm seriously considering altering my shirt - cutting out the collar and shortening it into a crop, but I'm afraid I'll do it wrong and it will end up hideously deformed. What would YOU do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable! I hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh have so much fun! I was a child of the BSB era, and while I was always more of an NSYNC girl myself, it sounds like it's going to be a fabulous concert! I LOVE the Kimmy Gibler look too-- perfect for the occasion and still chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit for the concert. I love those platforms and like always I was too late in buying them in my size. Have a great time and yell "Joey, I love you" really loud, at least just once :)

    xx- AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a perfect concert outfit!! Hope you ladies had fun!!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous - part of me is still stalking Donnie.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. joey was my fav too, yell a little louder just for me please!! have an amazing time!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few weeks ago I had to figure out what to wear to a Britney Spears concert. It ended up being pretty similar to what you're rocking - only I didn't realize I was chanelling La Gibler. The bracelet idea made me laugh.

    I hope you have so much fun tonight! I had a big ol' crush on Jordan back in the day. :)

    Secondhand Stylist Thrifted - Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! Have so much fun tonight! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, Kimmy Gibler! hahahah, thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want a bracelet! This could be your next giveaway...thanks for reminding me about kimmy gibler. This post was too funny and I see you have on your concert face! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO jealous that you get to see the (old) New Kids - ha. I had posters, a watch, a trapper keeper with matching folders, a nightgown, etc. etc...Donny was my fave until he got in trouble, and then it was Joey. Hope you had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha you are so cute! and i adore those shoes. hope you had a great time.

    xo, lizzie

    ReplyDelete