Friday, July 29, 2011

frugal feathers friday

hey all! how are you? i get a little paranoid sometimes and worry that people read things the wrong way. so for everyone who read my last post about pugs, macaroons and nail polish, i hope you weren't offended at all. i really wasn't trying to be mean, i just think it's cute that we all see and read certain trends on fashion blogs. i happen to notice a lot of those three things, so i wrote a little post. again, sorry if you thought it came off as snotty...not my intention at all. or maybe i'm just being paranoid.

so nora and i are starting a new little bloggy post on fridays. we read so many wonderful blogs, so many of them focused on thrifting and fabulous wardrobes on a budget. so we want to share the love. we would love to feature different bloggers and outfits that she (or he) has either completely or partially thrifted. we are so inspired by you all that we want to spread the love and feature some of you on our blog. so, if you are interested, or if you know someone who might be (or if you want to nominate someone), email us at twobirds.mn@gmail.com. what we will need from you is pictures, outfit details (prices, where you bought each piece) and a little snippet about yourself. sound fun? we hope so!

to start off frugal feathers friday, i thought i'd share a few things in my house and in my wardbrobe that are thrifted.

i needed a place to put all of my rings, so i thrifted a wooden pineapple dish and an old oil can. luckily, between the two, i fit them all! cost, $5.

i am a sucker for wall collages. i have mentioned this before. it's somewhat of an addiction that i am aware of. after last night (when i did this wall), i will stop. i promise. every single piece on this wall (aside from my kid's art and the little orange bird) is thrifted. total cost: $17.

the whole outfit isn't thrifted...the main reason i am posting this pic is because i got these 7 for all mankind jeans for $5.99. not too shabby!
shirt ~ marshalls $9.99
necklace ~ F21 $5.99
shoes ~ thrifted $4.99
jeans ~ 7 for all mankind, thrifted $5.99
earrings ~ heartbreaker $2.99
bracelet ~ free (gift from amanda!)

so there you have it. we hope that you will join us on fridays to show off your thrifty finds!

xoxo,
megan bird

15 comments:

  1. Ooh I can't wait! I will send in something for sure. I just don't remember how much I paid for things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! you've got mad thrifting skills, lady! I need to develop looking at stuff in a different way. I thrift, but I'm not THAT good! i also really love wall collages. My husband, unfortunately doesn't. He thinks it looks cluttered and messy. I happen to think that's the appeal! Love your collage!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was funny, and totally apt. Have you seen this?
    http://lilitmarcus.tumblr.com/post/7274648006/adventureswithcarbs-style-blogger-bingo-after

    Made me LOL.

    I am really really digging that tank. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun! Already sent you an email

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This is going to be a great addition to your already fabulous blog! I just sent ya my email! :)
    -Kate
    irisinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think this is a great idea and look forward to seeing everyone's finds! Those 7's were a steal, lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total sucker for collage walls too - there's always something beautiful to look at and inspire:)) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love your wall collage! I think you just inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll join too! although I don't have any thrifted clothing... we don't have so many (we actually don't have any...) thriftshops that sell wearable clothing. It's Mostly furniture, deco and porcelain things :) so I have those! does that count? ^^


    Enjoy the weekend!
    x Nikki

    Blog:The Ginger Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow I love this outfit. So thrifty chic! You absolutely have an eye for good stuff, you always have the most amazing finds really. I like your frugal friday idea. It's always fun to see others' thrifted finds.

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the oilcan idea for your rings. And your outfit is very thrifty cool.

    -Patti @ NotDeadYet Style
    http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great wall decor. Totally my style.
    Daphne.
    http;//fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wall collage! I have the beginnings of one (it is by no means finished) right now I just have different frames with photos, and no kids to make art for me, I love how yours has more contrast!
    http://365diy.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-48-diy-wall-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the idea! I'll have to send you some photos, I do a lot of thrifting :D

    ReplyDelete