Tuesday, June 28, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

i am sitting here trying to think of some fun story or clever quip before i show you the remix, and i am coming up blank. my brain is tired. this weekend was tons of fun...perhaps too much fun. now my brain needs time to recover. what? it's tuesday, you say? yes, my brain needs at least three days recovery time. i should be back up and running by tomorrow! but you didn't come here to listen to me blabber on anyway...let's check out the remix!

this week megan chose this super cute dress/skirt that she got at marshalls. it was the perfect dress for me to wear yesterday. i had mimi, plus megan's lovely kiddos, so this was the perfect dress to throw on and go go go! plus, it was warm and breezy out, which is exactly how i would describe this dress. i just love it. and the bonus??? megan told me i could keep it! what??? i don't know what she is thinking giving me all her cute stuff, but i am most definitely not going to argue or try and talk her out of it. i'll just be thankful for having such a kind and generous (and perhaps a bit crazy) sister.


outfit one: i'm breezy! (any other "friends" fans out there???)




headband- UO
red necklace- two birds
feather necklace and rings- H&M
bracelet- vintage, thrifted
shoes- DbDk fashion, eBay

outfit two:  flirty and skirty




tank- J Crew, garage sale
shoes- Target
necklace- vintage, thrifted
bracelet and belt- Dots
earrings- F21

have a wonderful tuesday!


xoxo, the birds






24 comments:

  1. Lovely birds...this skirt is absolutley my style. I love the color, pattern, length and how you have both styled it. Just beautiful. Megan, can I be your adopted sister? You are generous. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tuesday Remixes! You both look fabulous, of course.

    Megan, I looked for those gorgeous shoes at Target, but they weren't there! Grr. Stupid fast fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it styled as a skirt. And I adore both pairs of shoes, especially the colour of those first ones! Lucky you getting to keep this though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look amazing! Both pair of shoes are the bomb too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love it both ways - the pattern is so cool - I love the boho vibe in the first look.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 you gals always have the cutest shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am digging both looks, the blue shoes are truely awesome. the boho vibe is really showing in both outfits and I love it :)

    Thank you so much for commenting by love and commenting, truely appreaciate it!

    I am following you, hope you would follow back :)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both looks! I have a dress I wear as a skirt but I haven't tried the reverse yet. I'll have to get on that. I'm also going to be copying outfit #2 as soon as possible. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

  9. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your thfited jewelry! :) that dress is amazing, love the print! :)

    thanks for commenting and visiting my blog :)
    www.christinebalram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. how stinkin' cute are the both of you!? that pattern is amazing, and you both rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that skirt/dress is uh-may-zing!! Love the fun funky print. Xoxo everrubygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful skirt/dress. I love both outfits a lot. The feathery necklace with the dress looked very nice.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this skirt/dress! it's so brilliant! the colors are fabulous and i love the jewelry pieces you added to it!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love both outfits a lot - it totally speaks to how a piece of clothing is just a piece of clothing - it's the girl (or birds :)) that wear it that transforms it into something awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That skirt/dress is too great. I wish I could pull off the sleeveless look!

    Beautiful, both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of these! I wish strapless worked for me but I always look like a linebacker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yay a fellow MPLS blogger! I heard about you from rubygirl:) Anyways love the vibrant colors! You girls are rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that's one bold print and quite versatile. I like the skirt version as the red tops mellows things out a bit. Fun skirt

    ReplyDelete
  20. when I saw the first pictures, I thought the dress would also make a perfect skirt and there is Megan wearing it as a skirt. I really do like both combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That skirt is so sweet!!! Love the pattern and I love how it looks both ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this dress is just all kinds of fabulous! from the pring to the colors, it just screams fun, comfy, chic!

    thanks so much for stopping by [oomph.]!

    ReplyDelete