Tuesday, June 14, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

it was a busy day yesterday! i babysat two of my nephews and one of my nieces for most of the day! plus, obviously, i had amelia. it was actually a lot easier than it sounds, and a ton of fun! they all kind of entertained one another. and my niece, emma, who is ten (going on sixteen), loves to hang out and watch over amelia. and amelia really gets a kick out of her. she just laughs and laughs when emma is around. so we just hung out at the park all morning and played. had some lunch. played out in my yard. all in all, a really fun day. although i still don't know how parents of that many kids do it every day! it must be so tiring! but it was good practice! i love those kids...

anyway, we are supposed to be talking about the remix. megan chose the item this week and it is a fun one. it is a super cute, stripe-y, flower-y, colorblock-y top from forever 21. i love the colors. when i saw the top i had so many ideas of how to style it. it is just a nice piece that can be paired many different ways. and we each wore it very differently, which is the fun of the remix, right??? let us know what you think!

(side note- as i was adding these pics to the post i was noticing how gorgie megan looks. i mean, she always looks great, but she looks extra pretty here. and then there is me and my hair issues. major hair issues today, people. please excuse the pinned up bangs. major. issues.)

outfit one: boot scootin' boogie




leggings- marshalls
boots- alloy
necklace- F21
earrings- ???
socks- target


outfit two: they call me mellow yellow




shorts- vintage, thrifted (these will be available for purchase at our july "it's a date" sale)
belt- "purchased" (with my five finger discount) from megan at our garage sale this past weekend
shoes- DbDk fashion, ebay
bracelets- made by my sister, izzy (still haven't taken them off!)


have a fantastic tuesday, everyone!!!


xoxo, the birds












26 comments:

  1. I actually love the bangs pinned up! it's a cute variation from the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2 of you keep making want to get dressed even if it is Tuesday at 8:24am. I love the entire remix on both of you. Megan you are rockin those leggings and the f21 shirt paired with the necklace is perfect. Nora yours has a vintage vibe and the shorts and belt are seriously adorable. Thank you for the inspiration lovely birds. Have a great day! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Nora, a little bit softer now became a little bit older now which means I have to be a little bit more careful now. Thanks darling...at least I didn't dislocate it...lol. Dawn xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of you look great, as usual. I love the necklace in Megan's look, and Nora, your shorts are adorable. I would have guessed vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pinned up bangs look cute!! I love the bright yellow shorts you wore! And I love how Megan paired her bright shirt with neutrals. Y'all both look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some yellow shorts that looks a lot like those back in Jr. High. I wore them with a matching yellow denim vest, which I thought was the height of style at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous top! and I love how you both wore it!!! :)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the accessories! thanks to you gals I make sure I always have at least one on before I leave the house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your leggings and boots option, really love the boots and top lol. The yellow shorts and vintage belt your sister wore also rocks that top really well :-)

    A Girl's Next Best Friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I really, really like that top!

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. N, you're right! M looks especially bee-you-tee-ful! I like the two takes! You look cute without bangs. You're crazy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that stripey top, what fantastic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love both of this outfits so chic and your accessories are great too! :)

    thanks for commenting on my blog :)

    www.christinebalram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You both look gorgeous. Love the top. Wish I had a sis to remix with -- what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your colourful outfit, those shorts are so cute! :)

    http://wear-a-smile-wear-a-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love outfit 2 & your fringe looks cute pinned back x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both outfits are so cute. Amazing how changing the accessories switches up the whole look

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, both of these looks are so incredibly cute - that top has a great print pattern on it!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. seriously, you girls are both so pretttttttyyyyyyy. i love your yellow shorts and i love megan's boots! and, yes, there is something about the lighting, the coloring of the shirt, and probably the fact that she's already stinkin' adorable that makes megan look amazing in those shots! but you are also very lovely; your disheveled hair looks super fun!

    -suzanne
    awkwardly chic

    ReplyDelete
  21. That colorful top rocks! I don't know which version of styling this top is better--maybe because they are both great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these outfits. The one with jeans and boots are my favorite.
    Yes, babysitting a lot of kids always sounds harder than it is because the numbers work to your advantage and they are easier to herd! :)
    Having one older kid also helps big time.
    You are a good Auntie!
    Daphne.

    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those yellow shorts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete