Tuesday, May 10, 2011

tuesday remix

i am going to start off by admitting that this is not my favorite remix. i think each outfit is fine. there is nothing really bad about any of them. but nothing really stands out to me or screams, "awesome styling, nora"! and while i don't love putting out a mediocre remix, i do have a lame excuse. these photos took me forever! it was my first outdoor shoot (and i plan on doing all of my photos outside for the rest of the spring/summer/fall, weather permitting). and it was just me and my trusty tripod in my backyard. i took all the photos while my daughter took her afternoon nap and i had to keep running back inside (very quietly) to change outfits and then run (tip toe) back outside to take the photos. it was cloudy and had just stopped raining and i was in fear it would start again. so every time i went inside i had to lug my camera and tripod back in, too. anyway, this is why i decided to use these photos instead of attempt a whole new remix and photo shoot. maybe i am just being hard on myself...

it was fun, however, to take the photos outside (finally!). beside the fact i was nervous that a neighbor would come out and see me and wonder what the heck the crazy lady next door was doing. and one of my neighbors did drive through the alley and sort of slow down when they saw me. i just played it off like i was taking some nature shots! ha! fooled them! (actually they probably now just think i am crazy)...

this week's item is a long black, racerback vest type piece. it is the xhilaration brand from target, but i got it out of megan's closet (big surprise, i know!). i never wear it, but i really like it and think it could be quite versatile. i wanted to see if i could make it work for the spring but, as stated above, i am not sure if i did! so please, let me know what you think!

the item: 



outfit one: where are my feet!?




sundress- 15dollarstore.com
belt- not positive, but i think F21
shoes (not pictured! oops! but they are red and white striped mini wedges that look almost identical to these)- charles albert

outfit two: back to basics




jeans- gap
tank- heartbreaker
necklace- marc by marc jacobs
wedges (wow. i was really bad at getting my shoes into the shot!)- steve madden

outfit three: i will knot!




skirt- vintage, thrifted
tank- eight sixty, marshalls
shoes- delicious, $9.88 store
bangles- vintage, thrifted


i hope you are all having a happy tuesday! it is supposed to warm and sunny today! hooray! summer is right around the corner. right??? here's hoping!


xoxo, nora bird







14 comments:

  1. don't be so hard on yourself! i love the outfits...3 is my fave! haha - nature shots. "the fierce honey badger makes it's way across the lush green grass."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like all three outfits! I have a similar vest that I've never worn (that I picked up off the clearance rack at Bealls for $3.00). Now, you've given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the knoted one, so creative!

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wore featured that skirt in a remix a couple of weeks ago, right? I remember because I LOVE it. It's the perfect length, perfect color, and I bet the fabric is cool and breezy. In other words, the perfect summer skirt. Cute remixes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the vintage skirt ! So beautiful! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Have a happy week! :D


    www.arty-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea of taking one item and mixing it up in the same post!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! Adding you to my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all, but number 2 is my favorite. It is a fun twist on basics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really like the remix. You did a great job, and all of the outfits are faaaaabulous. I love the second one the most.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them all but the last one is my fave! The colorblocking is so cool! And yay for outdoor shots! Everything is FINALLY getting greeeeen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the last outfit! I think it's the black and light green mix that really draw me to it, I usually shy away from mixing black and light colors (why? I couldn't tell you!). Definitely not a failure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! I love the look of #3. I have a vest that I'm on the fence about getting rid of so maybe I'll try knotting it for a different look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all...and yes you are too hard on yourself. great styling darling.. Dawn suitcase Vignettes xoxo 3 is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All three are great, but the 70s vibe of Outfit 2 is crazy on trend.

    I think the vest would also look fantastic on you unbuttoned paired with a white tank, jeans and a camel colored belt and wedges.

    ReplyDelete