Monday, May 30, 2011

inspiration day: memorial

happy memorial day! i hope you are all having an extra fabulous long weekend. i realize that some people may not link up today because of the holiday, but feel free to join in later in the week! in the meantime, make a cocktail, fire up the grill, and let's all celebrate those who have made our country what it is today.

today's inspiration is perfect for this odd minnesota weather. it can't seem to make up its mind. it's sunny and warm, then it rains and it's cool. however, we have been able to sit on the patio and watch the kids play on the swing set, and then sit on the patio (with a fire going), and share some great laughs with friends later in the evening. so i am not complaining. i do love that we can wear sundresses, and just carry around a cute coat just in case. so, without further adieu, here is today's inspiration.


 the beautiful emma stone. have you guys seen easy a? it's super cute...i especially love stanley tucci and patricia clarkson as the parents. i want to be cool like them! anyways, this outfit is super cute and easy (pun intended) and versatile enough to wear anywhere.

and here are our interpretations.

megan bird



dress ~ thrifted (delias)
necklace, earrings ~ F21
boots ~ vintage, thrifted
coat ~ target

nora bird




dress ~ prototype, marshalls
boots ~ vintage, thrifted
coat ~ xhilaration, target, new via downtown salvation army basement awesomeness 
bag ~ H&M, hand me down from the baby sister 
earrings ~ for love 21 (i think???)

happy memorial day, everyone!

xoxo,
the birds




16 comments:

  1. You both nailed it! I am going to try another variation of this look after viewing you two. Have a great Memorial Day! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love girly dresses with a "tougher" leather jacket...however, too warm for me here in CT!

    xoShelly
    www.gslillian.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I adore dresses paired with slouchy booties, and the leather is such a fun touch. Wishing you both a lovely Monday. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job for both of you! Love both dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great dresses, ladies! you make me wish i actually wore my leather jacket now for the picture! oh well. Happy Memorial Day!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bright dresses are perfect for summer!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your versions of the outfit! Girly dresses always look so great with leather jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love emma stone shes gorgeous! the yellow dress is my favourite but both outfits are adorable =)

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. both lovely outfits. it's amazing what a leather jacket, awesome boots and a leather fringe bag can do to a dress. Are you two wearing the same boots? Thank you for hosting again!

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a day late, and I accidentally linked my name instead of my blog title, but it's in there!

    Both your dresses are super cute! And the leather jackets and short boots really are faithful to the inspiration photo--you both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such cute dresses!!! love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uhm.. I'm not sure whether my last comment was posted or not, so I'll just say it again; The resemblance between my dress and yours is really shocking indeed :D I love the way you styled this one. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    Love,
    Shanah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your dresses are so pretty. I really liked how the mustardy yellow one paired so nicely with the boots and the leather jacket.
    I wish I wasn't sick so I could have participated.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, you Little Birds......I think you rock the biker chick look. Not sure, just guessing maybe you've worn this look before?
    Both dresses are adorable. I don't have taupe booties but maybe looking for some now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You both look so great! I'm not in this week lthouugh there are a few days left. But now I will have a look all the other wonderful insppirations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just love when things say "thrifted" beside them! thrifted finds are always so much sweater than paying full price

    thanks for visiting my blog, i'm now following yours and look forward to future posts!

    -rachael (bug)
    http://clayrachael.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete