Friday, April 29, 2011

california dreamin'

yay! it's friday!!! do you have any fun plans for the weekend? tonight my awesome mom offered to babysit mimi so that jim and i could go out. it was my sister-in-law's birthday yesterday and we are going to help her celebrate tonight! bowling and beers! bring it on! tomorrow we are having a birthday party for mimi, who just turned one last thursday! it is crazy to me that i have a one year old! it feels like just yesterday that i brought her home from the hospital. time flies when you are having fun! on sunday we will relax (i hope!). and perhaps have dinner with megan and her family. i am excited for my fun filled weekend!

i wanted to share a few photos from our recent trip to california. we had such a good time. i love it there. it is simply gorgeous. i would totally move there if my whole family (mom, dad, sisters, brothers in law, nieces, nephews...you get the picture) would come with! i didn't want to bore you with photo overload, so i just picked a few of my favorites. i hope you enjoy the little glimpse into our trip!

we got stuck in the denver airport for about 7 hours on our way there. with a one year old. yikes! but we made do with this giant sandwich! can you tell how happy i am that jim is taking this picture???




it had been a while since i had seen green! so i went a little crazy. isn't it so gorgeous???

the view from the home we rented on lake naciamento.



some pics of mimi and her best pals, cal and owen.

happy birthday!



california girl.

i just thought this was cute.

my little family on a santa barbara beach. mimi's first time seeing the ocean!

it was a bit too cold for her little toes!


that's all! just a few fun images! i hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!


xoxo, nora bird








10 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! Palm trees! Love! I am on MiMi overload. I got her another present yesterday (hint: it has strawberries on it!)! I can't wait to give her presents when we get back! Maybe at wine night on Thursday? So glad you had a good time, Nora!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora, Mimi is so adorable. Your photos are so pretty. I can't wait for my husband and I to take a trip to Cali. We are hitting Hawaii next month and then maybe next year Cali. Love the photo with you and the sandwich. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture of her with the cake might as well be jim on his first birthday. however, in the california girl pic with the hat, she looks all barrett! and that first pic of her with the other babes, i had to double take to see which one was her because of all that curly hair. i need to see her soon and get a fix! i'm so excited for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodnesssss! these are great pictures. And have I told you lately how damn cutie mimi is, because she just blows my mind. Great pics. We're sorry we are missing the party...get ready for the cutest gift ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a giant smile plastered across my face while reading this post. what a great time. mimi we love you to pieces! cal misses his best buddy and we also wish you and your WHOLE fam would move here. bring mine too, while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all this visitation to Cali and no one bothers to see the Unkie John in Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun! And warmer than what the midwest has been giving us.
    I lived in LA for 11 years and loved every minute of it. I'd move back there in a second---if I could take all of my loved ones with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos! thanks for visiting my nouveau blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! Your little one is too cute for words! The look on your little ones face in the last photo is priceless! LOL xo Happy Birthday Mimi!!

    ReplyDelete