Tuesday, April 12, 2011

style to the max!

the lovely ladies over at Everybody, Everywear have challenged us to style a maxi skirt or dress today. this was a bit tough for me as i usually only sport a maxi dress on a warm summer day when i can just wear it alone with flip flops or some cute wedge sandals. it is really really nice here today, but not quite warm enough to wear this dress without a bit of coverage. and i am a short girl, so i feel like wearing a skirt (it's actually a dress, but you catch my drift) this long makes me look a bit funny. but i am always up for a challenge, so i tried! let me know what you think! oh, and please forgive my hair! i did manage to shower after my workout this morning, but i did not do my hair!





i had to show a little bit of love for minnesota!


and this skirt made me want to spin!


maxi dress- marshalls (not sure of the brand)
shirt- F21
shoes- madden girl
necklace- i like you, NE minneapolis


i hope you are all having a happy tuesday! be sure to head over to Everybody, Everywear to see how everybody else styled their maxis!!!


xoxo, nora bird



20 comments:

  1. great look! Not usually a wearer of maxi dresses, but I could so wear it like that
    Forever Chic,
    Amber
    http://thehuesmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. i love the maxi dress print and i also love how the shirt gives it a different vibe. a maxi dress can be hard to incorporate into daily life - i have one i'm looking to incorporate - you make this look wearable and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the outfit!!
    I like how you can make a dress look like a skirt one day
    and then a dress other day :P
    Super cute :)

    Follow each other?
    Im following you :D

    http://anhourafteryesterday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...love that necklace! and the rest of the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful maxi! And I love the twirling photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS on you. Right down to your perfectly tousled hair, I don't care if combing was involved or not! :) I really love this dress, good job styling it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you styled your maxi, great minds and all that! The chambray shirt is perfect against the colour palette of your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I think you did great adding a layer of warmth without adding bulk to it! :D

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you look really cute. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the MN necklace. I like you has great stuff, and I don't make it there often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a great job styling this. It's still cold here too, so I had to layer my maxi as well - like you I prefer to wear them alone with only flip flops for company.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks you so much, everyone! i wasn't so sure about this outfit, but you have all convinced me to love it and wear it again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet outfit. I like this top. I don't have any denim shirts. If you ever don't want it, I would give it a good home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks gorgeous on you and I love the chambray (?) shirt layered on top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta love the twirling pic. I am a sucker for those because I always twirl around in skirts. Back to business: Where your jacket hits elongates your torso (well it give the illusion anyway) so I think it makes you look taller. It's a good look for you.
    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this looks great on you! The shirt is perfect, and the dress has such a cool pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The print on the skirt is so fun! I have a little vintage MN necklace too that I found on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sell my jewelry at I like you and live right up the street. LOVE that place! PS you look super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this maxi dress looks wonderful on you

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress styled as a skirt looks so cool! I love it.

    ReplyDelete