Wednesday, April 13, 2011

love*birds: 4.13.11

happy wednesday, everyone! we hope you're all doing well. if i (megan bird) were to tell you what i truly love today, it would be advil, my bed and my pillow. something happened to my neck, and i can't move it. i went to the chiro last night and that only made it worse. i feel like joan cusack in sixteen candles.

needless to say, i am not in a brace...but i am in a ton of pain. ok, enough feeling sorry for myself...on to the things i love today!

megan bird's picks:

i know this is a small picture, but i adore this whole set up. how cute are these framed letters? i think this might be a diy that i do for my home...because i don't really want to pay $829 on ebay!

i love this rosette quilt. it's like art on a bed. i bought a small baby blanket a lot like this, and i plan on framing it. it was too beautiful to pass up. but i sure would love a bigger version to put on our bed!

i want a closet full of jeffrey campbell shoes. i will start with these foxys.

how fun would it be to wear this little betsey johnson number out on the town? or around the house? or anywhere?

i love this picture. it's how i envision my perfect back yard. i would throw parties every weekend and wear my betsey dress and jeffrey shoes. it would be fabulous!

nora bird's picks


this outfit (okay, maybe not this exact outfit, but something like it) will be my go-to summer ensemble. i am in love with this look.

such a cute and fun vintage map of minnesota. i would love to have this framed in my house!

this tortoise watch is just too cool. i really want it!

i wish this was a little nook in my house. i am especially loving the wallpaper. i dream of covering my walls in vintage wallpaper! and that ottoman is so cool.

it seems as though megan and i are both dreaming of backyard summer parties! doesn't this look amazing??? i want to be there right this minute!


xoxo, megan bird and nora bird











23 comments:

  1. LOL gotta love Joan in that movie, Hope you get better soon! ... and I love that Betsey dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan. I do hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that backyard is amazing, nora...want to be there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love those typewriter letters on the wall! I would so do that here in my home office! It is such a funky, cool look! Thanks for sharing this tiny piece of inspiration! it's definitely a DIY project!

    i'm following....hope you'll come back and visit often!

    ciao bella


    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, I do hope you feel better soon...Advil is sometimes my best friend! lol


    ciao bella


    think positive!
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bell bottoms! Yes! Make this your summer go to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOTH those backyards are so amazing! Makes me want to redo my whole yard and entertain all summer! And vintage maps? yes please.
    Yikes, hope your neck feels better. Maybe a massage is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok so i love about a million things in this post. here's a few: backyard pic, framed letters pic, bell bottoms! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about the backyards! They are both gorgeous! It makes me want to start making up reasons for a few summer parties right now. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no! I hope your neck gets better soon doll! An I love the picture with the wide legs! Perfect summer uniform...xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the well wishes, everyone! after loads of advil and some super stretching, i do feel a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better quickly! I have a quilt exactly like that that my grandma made me. She called it a "yo-yo" quilt. I love that you name your clothes. Also loving the backyard...wish mine was like it, too. And I could go for some of that vintage wallpaper. I love wallpaper and yet I have none in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I want those Jeffrey Campbell shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comment!
    This post is so cute
    Although it reminded me that I've lost my Betsey Johnson sunglasses!
    I love the photo with the lanterns
    Mia
    www.miaplaysdressup.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fricking love the shoes! he always does the coolest ones
    i hope you feel better !xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Daybeds in a backyard - yes please! The framed letters would definitely make a great DIY project.

    Thanks for the IFB congrats - I'm definitely honored!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute blog and concept you two have going on. i really like the quilt!

    ~Fae
    http://www.rosypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some hot JC shoes!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. so lovely these shoes!! :*


    visit our blog at http://uhooi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Feel better soon. Stay srong.
    I want that Michael Khors watch. adorable.


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also LOVE those shoes & that watch! amazing! <3

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete