Monday, April 25, 2011

inspiration monday: black and white

happy monday, all! i hope you all had a great weekend! this week's inspiration was a lot easier for me than last week...i'm not sure why last week was so hard. i think it was based more on my mood and less on the actual outfit. it was just one of those weeks. and today, the sun is shining, i have my latte, and life is good!
i was never a big shorts person. i still don't love-love them. i have kind of short muscular legs, and i never really liked to show them off. but ever since the invention of heels, i have come to like shorts better. i have been wearing them with tights all winter, and not so much bare legged...so this is one of the first times this spring that i have worn shorts with no tights. white legs, white shorts! self tanner is in order.
here is this week's inspiration. i think kim kardashian is beautiful. i love that she has curves...i wouldn't say she has a "normal" body, because i'm sure she is still a size 2, but she is curvy and she has a booty, and i like that about her. and she can rock a pair of white shorts...

and here's my take. i'm so happy i am able to take at least a few pictures outside these days. my neighbors think i'm a little crazy.






i just have to say, i have really been loving everyone's posts for these inspiration monday challenges. it's really fun to see so many different takes, and as a plus, i get ideas on how i could have done it differently, or how i can do it better next time. so thanks, everyone, for participating!!

shirt ~ H&M
shorts ~ Gap, thrifted
shoes, earrings ~ Kohls
necklace ~ F21
bracelet ~ vintage, thrifted

xoxo,
megan bird





24 comments:

  1. I love how you interpreted Kim's look! I think you were able to get really close to the original look all while putting your own spin on it. I also love how these challenges make me think of new things as in I've never been one to glam up shorts but now I will try it. I didn't have white shorts so I did a white skirt and I have to say I had a blast doing a "story in pictures" with my post this week. I can't wait to see what everyone else has done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous, I don't see muscular short legs at all. The clogs is so cool, I love it. Thanks for the link up, it's always so fun to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your interpretation! You look great as usual. I was stumped with this one based on what I have in my closet, and it wasn't warm enough yet for shorts and a tank top, but I look forward to seeing how everyone else did this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna play! You look great, I will try to participate next time.
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting to do one of these! You look great, I love the necklace (but do hope you put on a cardigan or something - it's warm but not THAT warm out!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! simple and chic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interpretation - Black and white is my thing right now. Must get in the shower so I can photograph my look (or looks). Thanks for hosting!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a great inspiration. I love your look! You pulled off the shorts really well, and of course, I love those shoes! They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the outfit, super cute styling! Here's to making neighbor's think you're crazy, mine sure do!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your take on this...and the shoes and necklace that you chose are sooo pretty!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love white shorts, they seem to be a dressier version of normal shorts (but just as comfy!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, I keep forgetting about this! You look great! I love the clogs. :) Happy Monday!
    Ladyofashion

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute. Love the clogs and the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like your black and white take on the outfit. Love the shoes.

    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your version. I didn't have the guts to wear shorts yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your take on the white shorts...you look amazing!!!
    {I still struggle with wearing shorts and only do so on the HOTTEST of days when I have no choice :))

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you look great in shorts too, People with nice legs have no idea how lucky they are. Or maybe they do but I cringe everytime I have to show my legs...I need to get over that. Love your necklace it is gorg. Thanks for hosting another fun Inspiration. DAwn Suitcase Vignettes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! I really like how the looser shorts look with the heels

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  20. you can so rock the white shorts also!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute! I love white shorts so much...and your necklace is awesome! Thanks for stopping by yesterday!!

    http://thefreckledmarauder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fantastic. I LOVE your necklace. I reminded me that I have one that is similar but shorter. I never know how to wear it but with your inspiration I have a whole new view point for styling it. Thanks!

    Sincerely and with thanks,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is darling! Fun and funky! great outfit to go just about anywhere. I at least see the sun in your pic. Iowa hasn't seen the sun in a while, boo hoo!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a fun idea! i look forward to doing this :) really like your necklace it's a great statement piece.

    ReplyDelete