Wednesday, February 9, 2011

new loves and old friends

hello, all! we're halfway through the week already! i feel like this week should be going slower because i have so much to do. but the faster it goes, the faster we get to do our sale. and i can't even tell you how excited i am for that!! i got my haircut last night and it's very pat benetar. you can't really tell so much in these pictures. i am getting used to it...i'm not so sure how i feel about myself with such short bangs (i did realize that i really have to maintain the eyebrow plucking now!) but hey, they will grow fast enough! anyways, i found this shirt in my closet and totally forgot about it. i went to the estate sale with my friend amanda (from Salvaged Strawberry) last summer and we literally filled up a garbage bag for $2. it was amazing. and this old woman had style. i, in turn, got to fill my closet up with the ultimate golden girls' wardrobe. having forgotten about this shirt, i was pretty excited when i found it. i don't wear it that often, because it's so big and i feel like it makes me look big...but i think i can work with it and make it cute. i don't know, what do you think?




new loves:
shoes ~ 6PM
socks ~ Target
earrings ~ Heartbreaker
leggings ~ Dots

old friends:
shirt ~ vintage (thrifted from a stuffed closet)
necklace ~ vintage, thrifted

have a wonderful wednesday, everyone!!

xoxo,
megan bird

8 comments:

  1. I like how you outlined the items in this post by calling them new loves and old friends. I should do that since so many of my things have been with me for a long time...great idea ;)

    http://lindsayliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top. The colors are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. give me that shirt, please. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top, you can totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girls great post....liked the booties so much!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girrrl. I love it! You could never look big. You are as tiny as my little toe. For real. You make me laugh...Look at all of these comments. Blowin up, birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your shirt! Totally my style and you are rocking it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt looks amazing on you! It love the proportions of the oversized top and your teeny tiny legs. Very stylish outfit!

    ReplyDelete