Wednesday, November 17, 2010

my many colored days

i was inspired by a facebook post my friend, cayla wrote yesterday. she quoted the great dr. seuss book, My Many Colored Days: "gray day. everything's gray. I watch, but nothing moves today." at first i didn't catch on that it was from his book, and then it hit me finally...

i definitely agree with the book...colors are so often associated with moods and emotions. so i decided to do a little fashion/emotion take on this thoughtful book.

on bright red days how good it feels to be a horse and kick my heels



on other days i'm other things. on bright blue days i flap my wings


some days of course feel sort of brown. then i feel slow and low, low down.


then comes a yellow day and whee, i am a busy, buzzy bee



gray day....everything is gray. i watch. but nothing moves today.


then all of a sudden i'm a circus seal. on my orange days that's how i feel.


green days. deep, deep in the sea. cool and quiet fish. that's me.


on purple Days i'm sad. i groan. i drag my tail. i walk alone.


but when my days are happy pink it's great to jump and just not think.


then come my black days. MAD. and loud. i howl. i growl at every cloud.


then comes a mixed-up day. And WHAM! i don't know who or what i am!



but it all turns out all right, you see. and i go back to being...me.




enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. and agree completely! But mainly, I love that last photo of you!

    ReplyDelete