Friday, October 15, 2010

raindrops on roses...

i love flowers, who doesn't. but i always thought it was a little ridiculous to spend $60 to have a bouquet delivered. so i always tell chris, if you want to surprise me at work, send me a dress. is that sad? pathetic? i know you can't display a dress in a pretty vase on your desk and i know dresses don't smell like roses or peonies...but they do bring me joy in the same way that a bouquet of delivered flowers would. and it doesn't have to be a dress, he could send me a pair of boots, a purse, a scarf...you get the idea.

here are a few of my favorite things that i wouldn't mind being delivered to my 9 to 5 home.
bevan 70s high leg boots
silver chain metal vintage clutch
vintage 70s jumpsuit
large embellished necklace
emily elizabeth clover ring
vintage wooden platform sandals

sparkle and fade scoopback sweater dress
vintage hot pink dress
any of these items would make my day...but yes, sometimes it is nice to just get flowers...

image via here

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about flowers! There are just better, creative, more personal things that could easily take their place as surprise gifts. Like that necklace, for instance...
    --Amy

    ReplyDelete