Wednesday, October 20, 2010

an abundance of denim

yesterday i gave myself the arduous task of trying on all of my jeans to see which ones to keep and which to donate/sell/give to my sisters/just plain throw away. doesn't sound too daunting a task to some, but for me...well, i have over fifty pair of jeans...


why oh why??? they are from every period of my adult life and range greatly in style and size. it took forever to try them all on (well, the ones that still fit!) and i still have a massive pile that i can't seem to part with. this coming from a gal who rarely wears jeans. what is my problem??? i am a bona fide jeans hoarder! it's ridiculous and any advice is welcome...




2 comments:

  1. I am like you, I hardly ever wear jeans but own a lot of them. I blame it on working in a denim store during university.

    maybe you could remake some of the jeans you want to give away put can't part with? jean shorts, capris, a jean skirt if your able to sew. I see some 7 A pockets in that pile, seems like such a shame to part with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a lot of jeans but they just take up so much room and they wrong pair of jeans - I find - can really make me feel rubbish all day. So I decided a while ago to let go and make room for all of the lovely new things that I might wear!! Or just some space so I could see what I actually have!!

    (PS you left a comment on my blog re a guest post for the style icon series. I can't find your email on here. Mine is: sugarandspice (dot) shopgirl (at) gmail (dot) com. Let me know who you had in mind. Thanks)

    ReplyDelete